Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Daydreaming: Good or Bad?

I find myself daydreaming every single day. I dream of my future (where I'll be living, what I'll be doing, who I'll be with), Heaven, being an NBA All-Star, what it would be like to be a superhero... I dream of owning a business, inspiring people to become next-level thinkers/believers/leaders, traveling the world... The list could go on forever!  

Is this a waste of my time? Should I spend less time dreaming?


I don't think so.

I am a dreamer, and that will never change. My belief is that the only way to live a full, exciting, meaningful, purposeful life...is to dream one first. Yes, God has a plan for all of us, but I sincerely believe that in order to follow those plans, we must dream. What I mean is, I see dreaming as a means of seeking after the plans God has laid out for us.

Dreaming, to me, is a way to explore the infinite possibilities of this life we have been given. When I dream, I visualize all the different things I could do with my life, I take myself to places I could see myself living, I put myself in the positions I'm feeling called to fill... Dreaming is the first step to living. 

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions."  -Edgar Cayce

So, I would say, without a doubt in my mind, daydreaming is neither good nor bad, it's great! And I believe it is necessary. 


If you're already a dreamer, never stop dreaming! If you're not yet a dreamer, I strongly encourage you to begin dreaming.. Dream of what you want to accomplish in your lifetime. Dream of the people you want to meet, the places you want to go. Dream big, and dream often!


Are you a dreamer?  If so, what are some things you dream of?  Please share your thoughts on dreaming.


Topics Discussed: Dreaming, Dreamers, Life Application, Leadership

3 comments:

  1. Colby Brown this is soooo encouraging!!!!! I truly believe that God has HUGE plans for your life my friend. I would definitely consider myself a "dreamer"and sometimes it has caused me trouble because I dream all the time when I should be doing other things, lol, but I totally agree with you that dreaming is essential. I think that God has placed dreams in the lives of everyone but it's up to us to do something about them...and of course He will help us!!!!I do think that we have to seek God in order to know His plan or dreams for our lives. It is up to us to act and step out in faith towards our dreams and remember that God is faithful. I view dreaming in the same way as running....in long distance running, the runner continuously runs until he or she has hit a runner's high or a state of euphoria. I believe that God is holding our dreams but we must run after Him and seek Him and trust in Him before they come to pass!
    - Haley
    p.s. I love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, thanks so much for your comment! Don't ever stop dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colby, I thought I was subscribed to your blog. Turns out, you updated a lot in December I didn't see.

    I like this post, bro. Daydreaming can be the most powerful creations of the subconscious and can lead to innovations, inventions, and a better mankind IF it is followed with strategic planning and massive amounts of action behind it! If it stays in your head, God generally gives someone else the idea. :) Just my thoughts for the road. :)

    ReplyDelete