Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies!

#1. A Christmas Story (1983) - This is my absolute favorite Christmas movie of all time!
"I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"
It has become a tradition in my family to watch this movie as many times as possible every Christmas. Thank you TBS for making that possible!




#2. Home Alone (1990) - A classic. No one can argue this!
"Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me."




 #3. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) -
Perhaps even better than the original, a rare occurrence - when a sequel is better than the original (Home Alone 3 was horrendous).
"You can mess with a lot of things, but you can't mess with kids on Christmas." 








 #4. Elf (2003) - I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Perhaps Will Ferrel's finest work.
"It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture."






 #5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - A true masterpiece by Jim Carrey.
"If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH! If you'd like to fax me, press the star key."









So there ya have it! My Top 5 Favorite Christmas movies! 

What do you think about my Top 5? What are some of YOUR favorite Christmas movies?


Topics Discussed: Christmas, Movies, Entertainment, Fun 

6 comments:

  1. These are all great modern-day Christmas classics for sure! But my top five would have to include "It's a Wonderful Life" and Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". "White Christmas" would be in the top 10. Happy Christmas viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Miracle on 34th Street (1934) is another classic. I've already seen Home Alone 2 and The Grinch this Christmas season. And I know I'll be seeing A Christmas Story :) So I need just need to find the time to see Home Alone and Elf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great movies but lets not forget Christmas Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, National Lampoon's....Chevy Chase, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Home Alone flicks, huh? You were ambitious. :) I think by the time the third installment came along, the kid just needed DHS involved. Seriously, I love the first, and of course, Elf and A Christmas Story.

    I'm going to go along with Steve on "It's a Wonderful Life, "A Christmas Carol" (Of course the George C. Scott version, but the new Disney installment was fantastic) and "White Christmas."

    And "The Polar Express."

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The Polar Express" is amazing. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors of all time!

    ReplyDelete